Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Smitten...

...with a post and inspiration from Smitten Kitchen ....now we know I love my blood oranges...and I wanted to bake something with those oranges...I kept thinking of how I love the look of a simple one-layer cake barely dusted with confectioners' sugar or brushed with glaze...my tendency was leaning towards an almond cake or olive oil cake....so I did what I do well....I searched on Google and found Deb's recipe...perfect!

...I decided to make cupcakes because 1. they'd be much easier to share (and less for me is a good thing!) and 2.  the adorable cupcake liners I picked up at Ikea a couple of weeks ago were just begging to be used...

...I followed the recipe as is...except for the blood orange compote...I made an easy blood orange glaze, just enough to hold down the candied peel I garnished the cupcakes with...the baking time has to be adjusted to about 18-20 if you're making cupcakes...

...go out and buy those little blushing beauties while they're in season and bake some citrus goodness...please...everyone around you will be happier for it...




No comments:

Post a Comment