Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Leftovers....

...the problem (if it is one) when cooking for one is that I tend to make more than I can eat at one sitting...thereby giving me leftovers...a good thing when trying to trim the grocery budget...so, dinner becomes tomorrow's lunch...a bevy of baked goods will last me for days if I don't end up giving most of them away...(thank god for guinea pigs....errr...co-workers!)

...today's been a leftover kind of day...pot roast for lunch...most likely the pasta from last night as tonight's Dinner Redux...though the Leftover Train came to station two nights ago when I came home from work...remember the pane al cioccolato from about a week or so ago?...I still had a decent couple of slices left...probably a tad bit stale...but perfect for...French toast...because hey...some nights all you want is breakfast...

...a little milk...a little egg...a sprinkle of cinnamon here....a sprinkle of nutmeg there...a drop of vanilla to mellow it out...and into a hot frying pan, soaked with spices, that crisp outer shell...chocolate chips melting...a slather of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and a few sliced strawberries...

...Breakfast...it's what's for dinner...


No comments:

Post a Comment