Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's Too Darn Hot...

...to be cooking this week.  I've seen the temperature inch up to 108 degrees for the past two days and it doesn't look as though it's going to get any better until the middle of next week.  So, I have discovered that I can easily live on antipasti platters....for multiple days in a row and multiple times in one day.  The most daring that I've been in the kitchen over the past few days has been making more ricotta (I am obsessed.) and pasta.  Believe me, it's not for lack of desire.  I found a recipe for a peach cake that I am dying to make.  I bought peaches the other night, but cannot bring myself to turn on the oven.  I may just say 'to hell with it' and turn the oven on tomorrow, with desire for peach cake winning out over the need to stay cool.  Perhaps a morning baking session?  I'll share the results.

But all has not been at a standstill in the household.  Some of you may know that I've been considering starting a food -based business.  I've spent quite a bit of time trying to answer the 'What do you want to be when you grow up?' question and I find myself coming back to food.  I went out with a friend last weekend and batting ideas back and forth finally narrowed my vision.  Then I went to a dinner party at another friend's house earlier this week and in talking with her brother, who told me repeatedly to 'follow my dreams,' it began to sink in.  As did the advice of not waiting for the 'right time' because there is no 'right time' and if I wait, I'll never do it.

I took a step forward on Wednesday.  I am going to learn everything I need to start this baby.  I'm going to write a business plan, find out what licenses and certifications I need, marketing....you name it.  I don't expect it to be easy.  But it's high time I take a jump into this world and try something new and big and scary.  What I have now isn't too much, but it's a beginning.  I'm calling it the front door.  Over time, the door will inch open little by little as my plan rounds out.  Let me introduce you to my new venture...hell, my new ADventure:

Semplice Gourmet

....and because the weekend just screams for some old school sounds....have a little Ella with your morning coffee:





2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking the first of steps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Kat! Good for you and good luck. The planning part is always tough but stats show the better you plan, the better your chance for success.

    Excellent news (and GOGOGOGOGO!)

    ReplyDelete