Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Mundane...

...does not have to be boring...I'll let you in on a little secret...I'm a creature of habit...many times I am very happy with the same routine...one might even go so far as saying it's a rut...maybe, maybe not...but I will admit to eating the same things day after day...not really the same thing...but a variation on a theme...

...I work a lot of late shifts at work...when I get home I usually want something good...but quick...I don't want to spend a huge amount of time making something...I'll tell you what my go-to is...panini....how much do I love my foil-wrapped garden brick that has a permanent home in my oven?...let me tell you...anything that's heavy enough to weigh down two pieces of bread and contribute to a fancy grilled sandwich is okay in my book...

...I didn't even work late tonight...but by the time I came home from the gym, it was getting late...so panini was the answer...I stepped out of my box last night and bought smoked gouda...realising it had been ages since I had it...the very nice deli lady sliced it almost paper thin...you could smell the smokiness through the white butcher paper...my Matnakash was thick, soft, and fresh....and guess what?...Thanksgiving leftovers are still filling my fridge!...so I sliced some turkey almost as thin as the cheese and grabbed my jar of roasted red peppers (I'm a little obsessed with them these days!)

...butter melting in the pan....one side of Matnakash slathered in butter...a hot flame...a big brick...a few minutes later I had a fabulous sandwich...with another new favourite:  Russian style dill pickles...

...I present to you...the Mundane...

No comments:

Post a Comment