Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Here's a crazy idea...

...to add to the current list of baking business and/or cooking business, food truck, bricks and mortar establishment, food blogger....how about opening up a grocery store???

...when I opt to take surface streets home from work, I am always looking around....sometimes I think I'm best sitting in the passenger seat because of all I miss when I'm driving...so I noticed a couple of months ago, that there's a closed grocery store in North Hollywood...I have to take a photo of it...it's not part of a chain...it was called Valley Food Market, right near the corner of Victory and Lankershim...pleasantly located next to a bar, across from a U-Haul truck rental and gas station.  It looks fairly large...

....so now every time I pass it...including tonight, I start thinking...a gourmet market...in North Hollywood...could it work?...it's not a 'hip' area...I don't know why or when this one closed, so I know nothing of clientele.  It would be bright and open.  Bakery. Cafe. Massive olive bar.  Cheese.  Charcuterie.  Salumi.  Huh...the more I think about it...the more I see something along the lines of Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  Is this the reason it closed?  Couldn't keep up?  I don't know.  More research.  Always research to do...

...speaking of which...Frysmith posted a great series of articles on their website about starting a food truck...I posted it on Facebook...and I'm posting it here too...sage advice...realistic view...always good to have a rough idea of what you might get yourself into...

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    you have a very cool looking blog, and I just wanted to leave you a comment. So anyway, I just wanted to see if you would visit my blog. And if you follow me, I will follow you... :)

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jesse!...support is always, humbly, appreciated! ;)

    ReplyDelete