Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

wow 98 to autumn in 3 days...

...that's what was tweeted about an hour ago from someone I follow on Twitter ...and it's true!...we had rain last night and it was lovely...one of the best things about rain in L.A. is the following day...the rain washes away all the grime and smog (if only for a little bit)...the sky is a bright blue, the sun shines clear....as though L.A. gets another chance...at almost 9:30 a.m. it's only 61 degrees and breezy...this makes me happy because it means I can wear a jacket and scarf today..truly it's the little things...

...I made a crustless spinach quiche last night to take to an after-store hours work meeting...I wish I had taken a photo...not the first time I've made it, but it did look pretty...I had a piece about the size of a dime when I unwrapped it...I had eaten dinner before the meeting so I wasn't hungry, but wanted to see if it passed muster with me....I shouldn't have worried...the quiche was demolished...devoured...sliced up and GONE in about 5 minutes...some people didn't even get to try it...crazy...I should keep that as a permanent item in my repertoire...

...bean soup was made yesterday...though I forgot that black beans will overcolour everything...it's kind of odd to see shredded turkey a deep indigo...but it tastes good....


...and speaking of turkey...I'm leaning towards having a Thanksgiving for myself this year and making a turkey breast...cranberry relish...potatoes...yum...so many options...


No comments:

Post a Comment