Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving...

...I can't stop thinking about it...here we go...the start of the 'Food Season'....forget 'Holiday Season' we know what's it's really about...last year I waited until Christmas to make turkey...this year, I'll be making myself a feast for Turkey Day....and Food and Wine magazine has given me my base... Pancetta Wrapped Turkey .  Really now?...can you go wrong with anything involving a pork/bacon product?...I think not...though I'm making a turkey breast and not a whole bird...it is just me, after all...

...now for dressing/stuffing...well, I'm still figuring that out...maybe involving chestnuts or sausage...cornbread...apples...I don't know....endless possibilities, right?  Cranberry relish will be made though I can't resist getting a can of Ocean Spray's Jellied Cranberry Sauce....how can you ignore a wiggling cylinder of gelatinous cranberries with portioned lines in place? ...mashed potatoes or roasted?...it's a small debate...anything but mashed seems unconventional...loaded with butter...sour cream...mmmm...

...this is also the day where I'm going to take inventory of my pantry baking supplies and begin thinking about what cookies/sweets I'll be whipping up in the kitchen this season...the King Arthur Flour site's homepage has a link to Eggnog Cookies today...they sound good and easy... They'll be a 'go.'  ...biscotti...Italian polenta cookies,  something involving lots of chocolate...maybe a savory or two...

...and a tease to what it could look like...

2 comments:

  1. You know, nothing beats Mom's stuffing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...I know!...and it's nothing complicated...that's the crazy part!...send out leftovers!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete