Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If I ever have kids...

....beyond the furry kind...I think I'd be one of those parents that send out 'care packages.'  I'll admit it...I love that my parents still send them to me...call me spoiled and I won't deny it.  It's such a sweet gesture...to show someone you're thinking about them...sending favourite things and little surprises.  I also think my Mom is the only person left in the world to wrap a box in brown craft paper and tie it with twine...though it was also in a Priority Mail box (probably cheaper to send that way)...and I guarantee that was done at the post office...Today's box was a bright point in my day...with the best goodies...Asiago cheese, pepperoni, sopressata and these:


...what you see is a 1946 copy of 'The Joy of Cooking' and a 1914 copy of 'The Boston Cooking School Cook Book.'  I am so excited to have them....I love finding other pieces of paper between the pages...because in a cook book you usually do...recipes cut from newspapers, notes...all those personal imprints...they lend the books so much more character...their own personality...

These are what I get when I put out a request to Dad for vintage cookbooks for my notecards when he goes yardsaling...but he already had them stashed in the garage...no, I'm not about to tear them apart...but I will peruse and try out the recipes...I also can't wait to see how different the Joy of Cooking is compared to my copy (which is much more recent).

You know what they say....it's the little things...and it's true...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete