Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Proposition and a Quiet Sunday....

...I made these little guys Friday night....plantain cornbread muffins....they're really good....believe it or not...my first time using plantains for anything...still have one left and probably won't be able to resist making plantain chips....

...took them into work and was approached by someone asking me why I don't have a baking/cooking business..replied that I've considered it...but logistics...financial backing, finding commercial space, etc has been a hurdle...well, I was talking to someone who has the means to back me....and would be very interested in doing so....now....here's where the serious thought comes into play...IF I do this....I need to streamline what I want to do...I'm going to do some playing around with numbers, ideas, locations, opportunities...and see what happens....is this the beginning of the jumping off point?...just maybe?....I have a few trepidations...but I have to stop fearing...maybe taking the plunge will do me a world of good, and if I fail, at least I tried....but first I need to see some concrete figures...updates to follow....

...I have most of today off...except for about a 3-hour meeting later for work...the bad thing?...having to head up to work on my 'day off'...the good thing?...it's overtime...OT is a definite good thing...so I've got a few hours to myself...and I'm going to make bean soup...the weather is cooler today, there's a chance of showers, and I have a lot of turkey stock in my freezer from last Thanksgiving...not to mention a LOT of beans...

...the visual department decided for Fall that using 'contextualizers' would add a earthy, natural touch...we spent close to $80 on beans (multiply that number by 350, kids...that's a lot of legumes for one company!)....navy beans, lima beans, pinto beans, red, white and black beans, natural lentils, black lentils, red lentils, and green chickpeas...and let's not forget the 4 lbs of white popcorn...a huge amount...I know this because I was the one that shopped for it all...so 2 weeks ago they send out an email saying 'you can dispose of it all.' ....REALLY?...what a waste!!!....so I was given the okay to bring home what I wanted...most of it spent time in large glass vases and compotes...and I figured, well, you're supposed to wash/soak beans anyhow...so I brought them home....hence...bean soup!...remember my mention of the black lentils with my chicken the other day??...yes!  'Contextualizers' at their finest!...

....voila!...beans for bean soup!...soaking as I type!


1 comment:

  1. the beans are so nice to look at! ...even better to eat I bet!

    ReplyDelete